In particular, the topic "Green IT: Virtualization & Automation 2.0" seem to have struck a chord with the audience. Its becoming apparent to me that many are considering or have already begun embarking on virtualization projects.
My topic is a combination of slideware and live demonstrations of:
- Virtualizing Windows 2003 R3 with SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP2 (with Xen 3.2)
- Showing how to improve virtualized Windows performance by approx 10x with SUSE Linux Enterprise Virtual Machine Driver Pack
- Virtualizing the latest Windows 2008, streaming video live from it to a client on SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- Using ZENworks Orchestration Server 1.3 to LIVE migrate Windows 2008 while video is streaming from one physical notebook to another.
- Demonstrating Platespin PowerRecon and its capacity/virtualization planning capability
- Showing the Platespin PowerConvert interface with focus on ProtectWorkload
Hope to update this entry with some photos later...